BlackPeopleMeet.com is an online dating site owned and managed by People Media, Inc. People Media owns a number of targeted online dating websites that focus on specific demographic groups. BlackPeopleMeet.com is one of the largest black dating websites. The mission of the company is to connect people and create relationships. It brings together black singles looking for dates, friendship, relationships, love and marriage.
The company offers two types of services to its members as explained below.
Free Membership – Joining and creating a profile on this site is free so long as you are over 18 years, single or separated from your spouse. The signup process is easy and takes about 2 minutes. Free members are able to:
- Create a Profile
- Upload pictures
- Browse profiles of other members
- Browse pictures of other members
- Send and receive flirts
Upgraded Membership – If you would like to enjoy the more advanced features of this site, it would be advisable to upgrade your membership by paying the subscription fees. Upgrading your membership increases your chances of finding love as you are able to:
- Create a Profile
- Upload pictures
- Browse profiles of other members
- Browse pictures of other members
- Send and receive unlimited flirts
- Send and receive unlimited messages
- See those who have flirted with you
- See those who have Fave’d you
- Chat online with members
- View members’ videos
- Setup audio and video
- Find out your astrological matches
BlackPeopleMeet.com has thousands of members which makes it easy to find love from the comfort of your home. The site has advanced features, a user-friendly interface and a safe and fun atmosphere.
BlackPeopleMeet.com is one of the online dating websites owned and managed by People Media, Inc. People Media, Inc. owns and manages unique online dating websites. These websites are unique because they are targeted online dating websites focusing on specific demographic groups.
BlackPeopleMeet.com was founded with the aim of bringing together black singles for marriage, love, dates, relationships and friendship. This website was launched in 2002 meaning that it has been doing online business for over 10 years. The CEO of the company is Mr. Josh Meyers. The address of this company is P.O. Box 12627, Dallas, TX 75225, USA. The telephone number of the company is 1-866-727-8920 and the IP address is 22.214.171.124.
People who have subscribed for BlackPeopleMeet.com gave varying feedback about the company. There are many who said that they had actually found love through this site. However, some were unhappy with the company’s customer care service while others complained of experiencing problems when they tried to sign into their accounts or change their passwords. Below is some of the positive and negative customer feedback.
- I met the love of my life from your website. I had met a few people previously and was not satisfied. I tried one last time before deleting my membership and that is when I met the love of my life. We are doing quite well, and I have to say thank you. - Lansing, IL
- I actually met my husband on BPM almost 3 years ago and we both are very happy we met. If it weren’t for blackpeoplemeet some other lady would have been really blessed to have met Thomas ..(lol) yes I'm Blessed. – Julie Caraballo
- Because of black people meet I have met the sweetest woman on the earth. We have been talking and going out for about 3 months now and it was love at first sight. We have talked about marriage in 2013....Thanks Black People Meet. - Robert and Jerran Fort Lauderdale, FL
- I found a wonderful man on this site he is from Baltimore, MD and me Harrisburg, PA distance little over an hour but if not for this site we may never have crossed paths thank you so much it took me 2 yrs but I found him. Harrisburg, PA
- Well after being on this site on and off for over a year I have finally met my match when I was just about to give up on true love. Thank you BPM for all your help it was definitely worth the price. - Bronx, NY
- There is not any way to contact anyone concerning the matter of them changing the password...then not being able to use password that was assigned... there is some lame e-mail reply that does not have a place for and person to reset password...
- I had the same problem; I sent three emails for a password reset. I had problems logging on. Don't know if my account was terminated but I cannot log on. Hope they do not charge my account; at least they could have the decency and reply to my email. Anyway they say the site is free but after a while they charge you.
- I also am having the same problem, it logs me in but the second I click on something it logs me back out. I am furious!!! Ugh, and I met a really cute guy the night before lol but SERIOUSLY I'M SO MAD. I wish there was something I could do to reach customer care.
BlackPeopleMeet.com is registered, rated and accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) under its parent company, People Media Inc. The company has been given a high BBB rating of A on a scale of A+ to F.
In addition, this company has been covered in major media outlets as shown below.
- It has aired 366 commercial advertisements on BET.
- A couple that met on this site (Vanessa and Ray Thomas) was interviewed on the Morning News Program on Fox 26 in Houston, Texas.
- In January 2009, BlackPeopleMeet.com and Steve Harvey Morning Show started Radio Date, a program that offers black singles the chance to be featured on this show. By 12th August, 2009, 14 dates had occurred with 9 of them producing successful matches.
According to Alexa, BlackPeopleMeet.com is a popular site. The statistical summary from alexa shows that this site has a 3-month global traffic rank of 6,584 out of the 30 million global domains. A low rank shows that this site receives a lot of visitors. The site has attained a traffic rank of 1,080 in the US from where it receives about 94% of its visitors. On average, visitors to this website view 41.6 unique pages daily. The estimated percentage of global internet users visiting this website in a period of 3 months is 0.0135%. Majority of visitors to this site are aged between 35 and 65 years.
According to Compete, this site receives 1,394,436 unique visitors each month. Its ranks by UVs is 1,642. According to webstatsdomain, this website has 433 backlinks and it is a good SEO website with an SEO score of 55%. Google has given it a good pagerank of 5 out of 10. The site is estimated to be worth $201,286.
BlackPeopleMeet.com has good social media presence as it has pages in the leading social media networking sites. Its pages on these sites appear to be quite active and interactive with daily activity recorded. Below is the summary of this company’s social media presence and the links to the various social media pages.
Facebook - 8,861 likes - 4,621 talking about this
Twitter – 1,936 Tweets, 1,234 Followers and 630 Following
Youtube - 224 Subscribers and 195,339 video views
Google+ - 40 in their circles
Pinterest - 6 Boards, 23 Pins, 0 Likes, 1 Following and 9 Followers
Blog/articles – Mainly deals with dating and was last updated in January, 2013.
BlackPeopleMeet.com has done a number of things to ensure the safety, privacy and security of its site. It has taken the appropriate and necessary measures including procedural, electronic and physical measures to prevent unauthorized disclosure and access to personal information. These measures include use of a secure SSL encrypted (https://) connection when taking payment information. The website is VeriSign Trusted and it is also a Thawte secure site. The company also provides dating safety tips on its website to protect its customers. Customer are advised to review these tips prior to using the service.
In addition, Google has classified this website as safe. Google visited this site on 9th February, 2013 and carried out a safe browsing diagnostic test by testing 16 pages. This Google safe browsing diagnostic test revealed that this site is not currently suspicious. It has not hosted any suspicious content and has not distributed any malware within the past 90 days.
BlackPeopleMeet.com offers its customers two types of packages namely Free and the Upgraded package. This company charges a one time processing fee of $3.99 for al new orders and upgrade orders. The company currently has a special upgrade offer as shown below:
- 1 month - $14.99 + $3.99 processing fee - $18.98
- 3 months - $38.97 + $3.99 processing fee - $42.96
- 6 months - $65.94 + $3.99 processing fee - $69.93
The prices charged by this company appear to be lower than what other black online dating sites charge. Here is some price comparison.
BlackPeopleMeet.com provides its dating services to customers all over the world. The services are provided online meaning that there are no shipping charges. Access to the advanced features on the site occurs soon after the successful completion of the checkout process. However, those who pay via mail-in payments or Western Union should allow at least 10 business days for their accounts to be upgraded. Customers receive confirmation emails notifying them of the upgrade of their accounts.
Membership paid using credit card is set to automatic auto-renew after the expiry of the subscription period. This is meant to provide uninterrupted services, protect you from future price increases and avoid paying the processing fee paid by every new member. However, you are free to turn off the automatic renewal or cancel your membership at any time by following the steps in the ‘accounts setting’ section of the website. Upon cancellation, your credit card is no longer charged for future membership and you cease to enjoy the advanced features of the website once your subscription period expires.
BlackPeopleMeet.com accepts a number of payment methods for the convenience of its customers. For instance, customers can choose to use any of the major credit cards including:
- American Express
The company does not currently accept the use of PayPal but it accepts other payment methods such as money orders or personal checks. Customers can also pay using Western Union QuickPay.
BlackPeopleMeet.com does not have a money-back guarantee. This means that you cannot request for a refund after you have paid for the service even if you change your mind. You can cancel your membership any time, for any reason either by sending a notice of cancellation letter to the company or by following the cancellation steps provided on the website. After cancellation, the account remains active with full paid membership privileges until your subscription expires. Since you can access all the services fully until the expiration date, the company cannot refund or prorate any charges.
In addition, the company can suspend or terminate your membership/subscription at any time if you breach their Agreement. If this happens, you are not entitled to a refund of any unused subscription fees.
Best Available BlackPeopleMeet.com Coupon: